• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ultimate lift block system and Rear Sag

Silverxj2000

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I was looking at Rocky-Road.com's Ulimate lift block system. Basically just to level out the Jeep. I have the Rear Sags. I am currently running 235/70R16 tires on my 2000 Jeep Cherokee W/command track. I have noticed with 4 people and some gear in the back I get just a little rear tire rub. I am wondering If I get the Ultimate lift block system either 1" or 1.5" would this fix the sags and thus also stop the rubbing? If so has anybody used these? and how difficult is the install? I am looking for a cost effective solution as funds are limited.

Thanks

I had to go check out the "Ultimate" block and came away disappointed. I've liked RRO products in the past but this is just plain goofy marketing:
Rocky Road Outfitters said:
Ultimate lift block system.

A far better alternative to standard lift blocks. Most lift blocks are molded aluminum with hollow center sections. These are known to crack, squish in on the sides, and even decompose over time and with hard usage. Our stackable system offers a massive solid chunk of steel as the block itself. Our block spacers come in 1/2" increments. You can use just one for a little lift, or stack them tall for BIG lifts. For orders of more than one, we will actually weld the spacer pieces together into one solid block. This means if you want a 2" lift block, you get a solid chunk of steel that is 2.5" wide and 2" tall. Basically.... THE BEEF! Our block kit is sold in 1/2" segments.

Example: If you wanted a 2" block, you would purchase 4 segment kits; this would be a $52 kit. This system is far safer than conventional blocks and the wave of the future.
Wave of the future? Somehow I don't see lift blocks, no matter what they are made of, as being the 'wave of the future' when there are more acceptable alternatives like spring packs or even AALs available. Without a clear picture of them I am not going to address the stackable blocks thing although it reminds me somehow of Legos...:D

I learned my lesson not too long ago, lift blocks are a big :nono: . I had 1 break in half, & while I was putting my new springs in, I discoved that the other block had craked. :lecture: I will never run them again, or condone them in anything, as it almost left me stranded. I got a way with it for 5+ years, but never again. $.02

Rob

I ordered the "system" from RRO. Mine are simply a pair of steel blocks made from two 1/2" plates welded together, and rounded on the ends. They're 1-2" longer than the perch so it's a nice platform for the leaves. They have a small hole, so I have the block and shim bolted to my springs. It HAS to be more durable than the cast block I had before. The cast one cracked after a few months.
It looks to be solid, but certainly not worth what you pay for them when I could make it in a few minutes with a welder. If I had a cutting torch, I WOULD'VE made them.

Silverxj2000 said:
Ok I was looking at Rocky-Road.com's Ulimate lift block system. Basically just to level out the Jeep. I have the Rear Sags. I am currently running 235/70R16 tires on my 2000 Jeep Cherokee W/command track. I have noticed with 4 people and some gear in the back I get just a little rear tire rub. I am wondering If I get the Ultimate lift block system either 1" or 1.5" would this fix the sags and thus also stop the rubbing? If so has anybody used these? and how difficult is the install? I am looking for a cost effective solution as funds are limited.

Thanks

IT WONT FIX ANYTHING !! This might be ok ( just ok not fantastic or anything like that ) until you could make the financial jump to the more expensive goodies ( this monetary value differs from person to person, me I'm broke ! ) but thats it, and that would be on springs that were in GOOD shape.
I looked at those B-4 and wasent thrilled either. The only thing I want between my sprins and the axle is may a degreed shim to offset for some lift.

Save your money for an AAL...Lift blocks are a "quick fix" at best

My '88 had a 3" AAL and 3"extra shackle kit (1.5" lift) for 3-4 years and when I added the lift blocks recently (didn't have enough cash for 7" BOR packs), they killed my main leafs... blocks are still ok, but the main leafs cracked. they'll make nice paperweights...

Trying to make my own lift packs now....

Back