• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody?

Lincoln

NAXJA Member #321
NAXJA Member
Does someone have an open seat for an extra person? A friend of my dads would like to go along on the Fordyce and Rubicon runs.

Thanks,
Lincoln

Logistics would be a nightmare, but yep, have a spare seat. I'm doing the Colorado thing, until we break off to come straight to the Con, so not sure where/when we'd be able to meet up, Lincoln. Don't have a cell phone, and not likely an email address of 'the tall spruce by the big mudhole' would work..but if you can figure out the hard part, we can get your dad's friend some 'Con time.

Meeting up shouldn't be a problem. He lives in Reno and we shoudn't have a problem getting him to Ice House or the Fordyce trail head. I could always tie him to the bumper.

The whole story is dad invited a high school kid that works for him. He's having big family trouble and one day his parents (recently divorced) will let him go and the next they won't. Dad doesn't want to go by himself and doesn't want to tell the kid he can't go. He figured if he could get his backup a ride he wouldn't have to worry about it.

You wouldn't have to haul any gear or worry about food. We can take care of that.

What day are you planning on getting to Cali? When are you leaving for Colorado?

Thanks,
Lincoln

Lincoln said:
What day are you planning on getting to Cali? When are you leaving for Colorado?

Thanks,
Lincoln
I'm leaving for colorado the 7th, as soon as I get a couple hours sleep, I'm headed out, early that morning. When I'm getting to california, I had hoped for the 14th? but it's what, 1300 miles? I'm not familiar with the trails in Colorado, so I asked on that event board when I..and assume the other guys doing the same...would need to cut loose from Colorado to make it 'on time'...even though..I'm not even sure when we're supposed to meet up at Eagle Exit..wherever that is. So, how's that for some solid info, eh? It'll work out..just..I'm used to a lil 'set in stone' planning on my part..(okay, read anal, here :p)

poomba said:
I'm leaving for colorado the 7th, as soon as I get a couple hours sleep, I'm headed out, early that morning. When I'm getting to california, I had hoped for the 14th? but it's what, 1300 miles? I'm not familiar with the trails in Colorado, so I asked on that event board when I..and assume the other guys doing the same...would need to cut loose from Colorado to make it 'on time'...even though..I'm not even sure when we're supposed to meet up at Eagle Exit..wherever that is. So, how's that for some solid info, eh? It'll work out..just..I'm used to a lil 'set in stone' planning on my part..(okay, read anal, here :p)
I'm staying at the icehouse the 15th, if that helps any.

poomba said:

We'll be camping at the Fordyce trailhead about a mile off the Eagle Lakes exit off of Interstate 80 at Cisco Grove, 24 miles west of Truckee, on Friday night. Looks like there is a campground, Indian Springs Campground, real close to the trailhead. I'm not sure if there is open area to camp at the trailhead or if we'll use the campground. I think I'll check out the campground.

Lincoln, I'll also have an empty seat. I'm sure between us all it won't be a problem for him to have someone to ride with if needed.

Sounds good then.

We'll probably stay in Reno the 13th and drive up from there on the morning of the 14th.

Now I just have to teach him how to post his own crap. :D

poomba said:
I'm staying at the icehouse the 15th, if that helps any.

1300 miles should only take you a 1/2 day or so. :D

I hope he'll have some kind of answer in the next few days.

Thanks again,
Lincoln

Dad's little helper backed out today so we won't need a ride for his friend.

He doesn't want to drive down by himself now and wants to flat tow his jeep behind the trailer. :eek:

I guess we'll give it a try Thrusday night. If it handles okay on those fine roads around his place it will be fine.

Thanks,
Lincoln

Back