• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone used RIGID Co. Rock Sliders?

Karlm

NAXJA Forum User
I've been looking at these for a little while. Anyone have an opinion either way? The price is right, I just don't want to drop a couple hun. on junk.

http://www.rigidco.com/RR22x.htm

Thanks.

Karlm said:
Anyone have an opinion either way?

I've never seen these in person but I don't like how they mount at the pinch seam. Looks like it's very similar to the C4X4 double tube bars that mount up with small angle stock. I've seen those fail in the past.

never seen the sliders but I just installed his winch bumper. Quality was first rate. Instructions were great. Had several conversations with Terry before the purchase. Call him he helped me with a lot of questions and emailed me info I needed, sure he could do the same for you. I would do business again with them in a heartbeat.

I have the custom 4x4 rails that mount to the pinch seam I like the way they mount. The bulk of the load is supported by the frame mounts but I like the additional pinch seam weld.

Last edited:
Pinch seam provides 90% of the strength in XJ rails, the frame tie ins are to prevent it from pivoting on the pinch seam when you push up on the rail. The unibody "frame rails" on an XJ are NOT sufficient for supporting rock rails on their own, IMHO.

If your looking for some really good rock slyders look at detours in CT. I got them for my XJ and I love them. They mount to the front upper control arm mount and the rear spring pack and then to the pinch lip. It's like mounting a frame under your rig. Makes it more rigid. I can show you close ups via email but can't post on this forum. PM me and I can send you pics if interested. Here is the web site but you really can't tell how they mount by those pics.

There a bit pricey but you only buy them once!

http://www.detoursusa.com/xjunireinforcer.html#

Good Luck..

Hell yea! I bought them while I was over in Bosnia online. I was searching for the right price and something that is damn strong. I found this website and was impressed. So i ordered up a set, the selling point was being able to hi-lift jack on them, try that with crappy nerf bars. So when i got back to the states and found them at my doorstep, I cracked them open and was impressed with the very detailed instructions..idiot proof. I painted them with industrial black paint. They are already treated with POR-15 if you order them raw. Keeps the price down and you can add the finish you want. I installed them and they were fairly easy, except where i smashed my rocker with a stump, had to bend it back. I would 100% without a doubt buy these again. I am waiting for my front winch bumper and they are designing a rear bumper as well as a roof rack. there are many choices out there, but rigidco.com is by far a great choice. Good luck

I'm a big fan of Rigidco stuff. They put a lot of effort into their design work instead of just copying what everyone else is doing. Terry is the most helpfull person I have ever talked to in the 4wd manufacturing industry. He truly loves what he does and loves talking to others about it.

I just installed a set on my '98 a few weeks ago. I haven't kicked the crap out of them yet, but they have held up pretty well to a few minor hits. The skid plates that they added to 'em really put them to another level in my opinion. . . .

Don't be hesitant to call Terry @ Rigidco.com I was looking for a long time before I got my front bumper from him and I must have called him 10 times for different reasons. He is real good to work with and what I have got from him looks to be a good product. I was a hard sale.. yet in the end I picked Rigidco.com I am in no way affilated with them...

Back