• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I got 4.56 gears and have a ?

jbjeepxj98

NAXJA Forum User
I just got 4.56 gears in my 8.25. I have driven about 300 easy miles on them so far. What i have read is that heat is the number one cuase for new gears going bad and I have to drive 150 miles one way here in the nexted week. Will the gears be okay or should i stop and let them cool off, if so how long should i let them cool off for. O and then driving will be done at 7 in the afternoon in Washington if that makes a difference.

You should change the fluid in your pumpkin after 300 miles on new gears, then drive the next how ever many without worry. Just try and vary your speeds a little to avoid specific wear patterns.

first off, you should go 500 miles before your first oil change. there is no different wear patterns with speeds other than the amount of load you place on the gears. don't drive easy, but don't drive hard either I have had people drive 150 miles home after having me install there gears and no problems.

shame on your installer for not telling you what to do for breakin. since he is the one that will have to fix it.

Back