• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What about this for tyre clearance?

looks nice but damn its pricey. i have read somewhere about rolling the fenders yourself. might want to try searching and find a method to save some $

It wouldn't do anything for an XJ since they don't have that style fender lip.You can get the same result by holding a round stick of wood in place of the roller on their gadget and tapping it with a dead blow hammer .I've done it on several Mustangs works fine.I just think you could find a more useful tool for that much money.

Maybe buy it, and start your own fender trimming/modifying business, you can do service calls. hmmmm, just a thought :rof:

:viking:

I have heard of doing that with a wooden baseball bat. but that is usually on a street vehicle that just needs some extra room for fat tires. I dont think you would gain much clearance for suspension travel. I would go with a sledge and a sawzall before I ordered one of these.

You can buy a sawzall and angle grinder for a Lot less. More fun too.

:rolleyes:

I got a great idea... go ahead and buy it and practice using it on hondas and other disposable cars. :gee: When you are comfortable with the tool I will let you use it on my stang. :laugh3: You know I need a lot of work on the front fenders.

Later,

O ye of little imagination. Though it's not perfect, it has the potential for making CLEAN and REPEATABLE modifications to wheel openings- that is what you do to one side can be more easily duplicated on the other.

Maybe the average Joe can't see how tool would work on the openings on the XJ- but I'm sure a dedicated fabricator can figure it out most rikki-tik, especially at a shop

Ludakris said:
I have heard of doing that with a wooden baseball bat. but that is usually on a street vehicle that just needs some extra room for fat tires. I dont think you would gain much clearance for suspension travel. I would go with a sledge and a sawzall before I ordered one of these.

but, with a wooden baseball bat... where is the point for leverage? on the ground itself? :confused:

:viking:

Back