• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

balanced suspension question???

yellowxj

NAXJA Forum User
Last trip to tellico I saw some custom built rock buggy heros out there and noticed some of them only had room for a couple inches uptravel in their front suspension(coils or leaves). Whats up with that? I was always looking for balanced flex front and rear. Or is this just a way to keep the CG lower? I need to get my heep lower but is that the way to do it?

yellowxj said:
Last trip to tellico I saw some custom built rock buggy heros out there and noticed some of them only had room for a couple inches uptravel in their front suspension(coils or leaves). Whats up with that? I was always looking for balanced flex front and rear. Or is this just a way to keep the CG lower? I need to get my heep lower but is that the way to do it?

if theres anywhere I've been to witness pure GHETTO FAB and questionable set-ups its tellico.

just cause they have more tubes than sheet metal, doesn't mean they have the slightest idea how they got to that point.

(go ahead hinkley, master of artless wit....have at it)

Beezil said:
if theres anywhere I've been to witness pure GHETTO FAB and questionable set-ups its tellico.
You need to come to some of the popular florida mud holes...I dont know the redneck equivalent to GHETTO FAB. They learned how to stack blocks in high school and applied that to their trucks...steering made from water pipe, 3" blocks stacked in the front...I even saw one chevy that had stock springs with a 2" block under that, then a pack of rear leaves with the eyes cut off, then another 2" block....but I digress...so theres no reason for that type of set up? ok...thanks for the help.

yellowxj said:
k...thanks for the help.

I helped?

I swear i wasn't trying to!

anyway, you are right, balanced suspension is the way to go....

sorta hard to accomplish, takes work and tuning....

IMHO, the front is easy! its the rear of the xj that I think people screw themselves on.

Beezil said:
IMHO, the front is easy! its the rear of the xj that I think people screw themselves on.
You gonna lay that out there...and just leave it? how about edumacating us D##b A$$'s who are still plotting our lifts?? What's so easy about the front? and so hard about the rear?
Thanks

Back