• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear End Bump on Speed bumps

Easyrydin2

NAXJA Forum User
I have a short add a leaf and a 2' block on my rear end. When I hit large bumps such as speed bumps my rear end bumps really hard. I thought it was my shocks so I added BPE's and the shock quit bottoming out. But now it still does it just not as bad. Should I take the rear Sway Bar off or just upgrade to larger shocks. I am open to any suggestions. Thanks for the help!

A 2 foot block, that doesnt sound very safe. Just kidding. I would think that the BPEs would make the situation worse if you are bottoming out on your shocks. Are you sure your not hitting your bumstops?

Sorry meant to put that the shock quit being fully extended. I don't think it comes close to the bump stops, but I could be wrong. I had someone tell me my shocks were bad and they were not putting enough pressure on the axle to hold it down, so it is like the axle bounces then lands hard. I have trailmaster ssv's for a 3-4 inch lift and I just upped my lift to 5 inches. I have shocks for the new lift but have not tried them yet. Thanks for your help.

Disconnect both rear shocks at the axle end and flex it out. Measure the shortest and longest distances and see if your shocks are long enough to stretch...if they're stock I bet not.

Back