• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AXle Vaccum Lines

sprinkler1228

NAXJA Forum User
I've been searching for days on this subject. I have just bought a a 91 laredo. The vaccum motor on the axle looks like its been replaced. It has two vaccum lines going to it. That's it. I have seen that there should be 3 lines. I haven't had a chance to check it yet but everything seems to be working fine. My light comes on and off when switching. I can feel the truck engage and grear down so to speak. I will try to jack it up and verify. But I was wondering if tits possible to have only two hoses. This motoe is bright and shiny while the rest of the underside is not. I can tell its new. Any thoughts?

Newer jeeps only have 2 vacuum lines to the front axle, and a wiring harness for the 4wd indicator light. Sounds like your setup is fine.

The older vacuum disconnects used a 3rd vacuum line to activate the 4wd indicator light switch.

Back