• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering problem after RE 5.5

Prepmech

NAXJA Member #981
Just put on my RE 5.5 Extreme duty this weekend. Now my steering rubs my JKS quicker disconect on the passenger side (at the bottom of the disconnect) when I turn right. Will a drop pitman arm lower my steering enough to fix this, or should I relocate my lower sway bar mounts? Do I have any other options?

Is your axle centered properly (i.e. adjustable track bar adjusted to center it exactly)?

This is nothing new. If you do some searching you can find out how some people have fixed / gotten around this issue.

The proper fix is to relocate the swaybar mount on the axle side, but I just decided to ditch the swaybars all together.

The higher you go the more it will hit. You also may be able to put the rod end on the other side of the tie rod. I looked at this when I was trying to get mine to work. I'm lazy and my XJ is a trail rig so I just sh!t canned the swaybars.

-Scott

Back