• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheel Balancing ?

BBs tend to kinda tear stuff up due to their size/weight

I'd suggest golf balls or the powder stuff.

I ran 2 golf balls in an otherwise unbalanced 235 and it worked out really well (it was a spare, and I self mounted/balanced it) ran it for quite a while like that with no adverse effects.

Equal works okay....but the valve stems SUCK. It takes FOREVER to air down with them

Can everyone expand a little on this. Golf balls, how many? Powder stuff? TIA

giranger said:
Can everyone expand a little on this. Golf balls, how many? Powder stuff? TIA

i tried 6 golf balls in a used q78 and they worked well enough to get me through my speedo calibration without death wobble. if i were to do it again i would use bb's or shotgun shot(stainless). personally i just pay 8 bucks/tire and go to ntb and have them do them every 3k. both bb's and golf balls will make funny noises kicking around in the tire too, the bb's sound like brakes squeeling, and the golf balls sound like you have golf balls in your tires.

Hunter

If you have 33's like your sig says, there's no reason why a normal tire ballance can't be done. I had 33's on my old CJ and they were ballanced pretty darn good. Any competent tire shop should be able to balance a 33 well. Ask to have your tires "matched baleanced". If they are a good shop they'll know what you're talking about. --------Dave

Back