• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who has the longest list of things to do to their XJ before ColordoFest?

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
It's crunch week. Just so I don't feel all alone, I started this thread for everyone to lament how much they have left to get done before ColoradoFest.

Here's my list:
Troubleshoot wiring problem with A/C
Mount the AUX fan switch
Finish wiring the tranny switch and mount
Tighten the RE SuperJoints on the long arm setup
Fix a leak in the gas tank
Fix my windshield washer leak
Reinstall the center console
Fix a clamp for my cable actuated front axle.
Replace the rear shocks.
Fix leak in rear hatch
Fix roof rack so it doesn't creep backwards on the gutter mounts and fall off.

Here's mine...
change lube in both diffs (500 miles on new gears!)
have alignment checked
get CO2 tank filled

You got me beat, Tom... :eek:

mine isn't too bad...

reinforce/modify rock rails (in progress)
install t-case skid
rotate tires
find leak in ARB system
make video cables for LCD monitor
front turn signal bulbs
reinstall headlight stone guards
clean TB
remove manifold "debris" shield
replace rear brake line / bleed brakes

was going to try to remove the t-case drop and shim the rear axle, but now i'm thinking i'll likely just leave well-enough alone for now as i don't want to tempt the DW gods.

Here's mine,

Change oil,
Strap it to the trailer :moon: :rof:

Now the bus (tow vehicle) that's a whole different story. :)

B-loose

Lets see the the Winnie is out so that cut the list down a little bit.

Oil Change
Lube
waiting on the big daddy offroad tierod. if it gets here that will be on the list
drop pitman arm
check alignment
build my rocker sliders
im sure more will pop up through the week
and pack for me and my two boys.

Yes Kaz, tell the group how long that rig gestated in your garage before it saw the light of day. :repair:

Things done to GET ready this past two weeks:
Replaced radiator to a 3 core. added tranny cooler, replaced clutchfan, added fan shroud after the $17.00 one from quadratech got eaten and made into packing peanuts..
Replaced steering box bolts, since one fell out, and 2 looked like banana's which I didn't find a-peeling after driving off the road 3 times.
Replaced bolts in tranny skidplate since locktite is um, of the devil and ah..the damned thing fell off on the trail..so locktite on the bolts AND welded the damned thing anyway.
Tightened trackbar bracket and had it welded too, cuz..well, welding is addictive. Fender flares, and those coot lil removable mud flaps.
Lower control arms, upper control arms, out of control visa payments, adj track bar, sway bar, take me out to a bar until I pass out..replaced bushings I don't know the names of, axle something or other, and the back ones on the leaf springs. replaced front springs, air filter, added something else to the steering, by then I was numb and just nodded my head. Tracing down a short in the passenger side brake/turn signal..been 'fixed' 3 times now..but I'll be on the road with 2 hours of sleep, aug 7th :p Safety inspection done, registered. At this rate, I'll prolly forget to bring food, maps and the tent. :looser:

Things I've done the past month - :repair:

RE 3.5"
Rigid front bumper (needed a front tow point)
Rigid rock rails
C 4x4 diff cover
Changed spark plugs
Cleaned K & N air filter
Changed front & rear diff oil
Tranny & T case fluid OK

Still need to change oil and replace a fuel line.

Can't wait to see the beautiful Rockies :)

old_man said:
Yes Kaz, tell the group how long that rig gestated in your garage before it saw the light of day. :repair:

Yeah, I remember a nice trip earlier this year that he didn't make. :)

I see a lot of things on those lists that are going to get scratched off without being done.

:D

Last edited:
Goatman said:
Yeah, I remember a nice trip earlier this year that he didn't make. :)

I see a lot of things on those lists that are going to get scratched off without being done.

:D

18 months in the garage. And I spent 4 18 hour days working on it before EJS 2004. Is it a bad sign when your wife yells at you to come to bed at 3:00 am and you're just getting in the groove?

-Jon

Kaczman said:
Is it a bad sign when your wife yells at you to come to bed at 3:00 am and you're just getting in the groove?

-Jon

YES!!! :wow:

Ask the WCGIC guys what happened to me when I was jamming to get my chop/cage project done last year.......not a good thing.

Something about an ambulance.........and not being young anymore. :shocked:

:)

Goatman said:
YES!!! :wow:

Ask the WCGIC guys what happened to me when I was jamming to get my chop/cage project done last year.......not a good thing.

Something about an ambulance.........and not being young anymore. :shocked:

:)

I believe the chopping should be done to the the Jeep and not the flesh, Mr. Bobbitt. :)

-Jon

Kaczman said:
I believe the chopping should be done to the the Jeep and not the flesh, Mr. Bobbitt. :)

-Jon

Naw, that was a red hot blooper while I was welding underneath........OUCH!!

But no red lights and ambulance.......like another night. I'll tell you about it around the campfire.

There is just something a little unsettling about being strapped on a gurney with nothing on but a sheet while a guy is being paid $15 an hour to run red lights and has access to drugs. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't been a paramedic for a few years. Some day you guys need to watch Mother, Jugs, and Speed.

Speaking of 'things to do' list..what restrictions does Colorado have on fires at campgrounds? Do we pack our own wood in, none allowed at all...or..what? If my heep catches on fire, first guy to show up with marshmellows instead of an extinguisher gets :twak:

Goatman said:
But no red lights and ambulance.......like another night. I'll tell you about it around the campfire.

richard,

so does that mean you'll be joining us at COLORADO FEST?

'twas nice wheeling w/ you at moab rim back at the anniversary bash last fall...

terry

old_man said:
There is just something a little unsettling about being strapped on a gurney with nothing on but a sheet while a guy is being paid $15 an hour to run red lights and has access to drugs. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't been a paramedic for a few years. Some day you guys need to watch Mother, Jugs, and Speed.

Is the driver SHAREING ?? :greensmok

Back