• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stock LCA's on 4.5" lift?

kmagnuss_2000

NAXJA Forum User
I was just about to buy some RE 4.5" coils for my 99. Do I need to have new, longer LCA's to do this, or can I ride with the stock ones for a while? Either way, which LCA's are better or best? I've had lots of RE gear, and I'll probably stick with it, but those LCA's that have a bend in them look like they might produce a smoother ride. What are your experiences with them? Thanks.

-Keith

i have close to 4.5" on dropped arms and it works ok. granted those re coils will probably net more than that

I would definately replace them, maybe spring the extra money for adjustable ones. I have had my Rusty's for about 3 years now held up well, but think now I should have gone with RE!!

At 4.5" with stock control arm mounts your UCA is okay, but your LCA should be about 0.75" longer at 16.5" If you use Drop Brackets, UCA and LCA can remain stock length.

Back