• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fsm

Darky

NAXJA Forum User
how close would a 98 Factory Service manual be to a 96? I know the redesign was in 97 so its a "different" model, but exactly how different would you say they are? How much interchangeability is there?

damn...I've been trying to find a 96 one but ebay has 98, used to have 95 92, but that's all I can find

96 would have the old body style, with single airbag instead of dual airbags. It would have OBD-II and the new transfer case output.

But someone (RichP?) just noted that there were numerous wiring changes going from 1997 to 1998, so I don't think a '98 FSM would be a good choice for you.

You will also find that the 96 model also has some early changes installed into the body that were designed for the 97 model year; such as the hole in the drivers side fender where the windshield washer bottle penetrates, some body strengthening and a few other items.

Charles

Back