• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Odd cruise Control behavior...

bgcntry72

NAXJA Forum User
If I am rolling along with the cruise on, and I hit the 'coast' button to slow my speed a bit, the rig bucks and misses and refuses to gracefully slow down, as if it could do anything gracefully.
The rigs pulls fine in all other situations, and is not lacking power, experiencing hesitation, or anything else.
Holding that 'coast' button, though, it is as though someone is pulling the plug, and then plugging it back in, over and over again.
Its like slowing down by shifting into neutral and back out.
Any ideas or opinions are welcomed.
Thanks.

The cruise servo runs using engine vacuum. Sounds like when you kick it off, it is somehow creating a vacuum leak, causing the engine to complain.

I was thinking about that, but the cruise holds its speed well, and the vents function promptly and without incident.
This is a recent thing, like 3 days, but it is tedious as hell.
Thanks.

i would check the coast switch or the clockspring out behind the steering wheel. it runs on the same 5 volt circuit a many of the sensor under the hood do. if it i shorting out it can short the circiut out.

Back