• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ flares on XJ

Diablito

NAXJA Forum User
I have a RE 3.5" superflex which is fine for 31"tires. But I'm wanting some bigger meats and would love to fit 33x10.5r15 tires on there. My options while retaining my current lift kit are , coil spacers, lift blocks , shackles or TJ flares. Since this XJ still has the slip yoke and stock Dshaft I'd rather not lift it higher with coil spacers , shackles and blocks. How much trimming is necessary to fit TJ flares? How much more clearence will I have with them? Can I fit a 33" tire with only TJ flares and a 3.5" lift? Does anyone have any pics of their XJ with TJ flares?

Diablito said:
Can I fit a 33" tire with only TJ flares and a 3.5" lift?

Yes, you can. Get the TJ flares (or whatever flare you want to use), put them up next to the XJ, mark where to cut, and cut. You can mount them however high or low you want to. You'll need extended bumpstops too for the front especially.

Back