• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 44 Drum brakes drawing or pic needed

Barger

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone got a pic of 87 Dana 44 drum brakes. I've put them together based on my knowledge of brakes, but my FSM is for a 97 and it dosen't cover the D44 and the Haynes seems pretty useless. I guess I'm just looking for confirmation I put it all together right.

The pics I used were of the D35.Everything fit and is running&stopping fine soooo-far.
Except for the self-adjusting , that never seens to work on any of them,35 44 or 8.25.
Wayne

You mean a picture of the cabling, etc? I am rotating my tires tomorrow and can snap a pic if you want. If you have on eyou can post I can look at what you've got so far...

Here - try this:
brakes.jpg

I'll see if I can get some pics tomorrow anyway.

That's the pic out of the Haynes manual right?
I used that pic to set it up if it's the same for the 44 I'm all good I just wanted a little confirmation I did it correct.
Thanks

Yeah, that's correct.

Note that the shoe with the shorter lining goes toward the front. It is shown that way but the captions don't say so.

Thanks all for the piece of mind.

Yeah I learned the whole leading/trailing shoe lesson awhile back when I couldn't seem to get my brakes past an inspection. :doh:

Dude!! You put it on sideways!!! :D

Yeah, that picture I posted earlier was from a Haynes manual. It's not the best, but between that and the sideways axle it should get you there...

Jesus. That pic looks like my ex-girlfriend's heart...cold, metallic, full of tiny pieces that could go awry any moment.

I digress...uh...looks like you have everything installed right. It was fun, wasn't it? Scabby knuckles are always fun.

Looks fine, but you forgot the axle :peace:

Yucca-Man said:
Dude!! You put it on sideways!!! :D

Yeah, that picture I posted earlier was from a Haynes manual. It's not the best, but between that and the sideways axle it should get you there...
Not only that, you have the short shoe on the wrong side.

What brand of wheel cylinder is that? Shouldn,t it have a rubbrer seal on each end of the cylinder ?
Wayne

Back