• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best of the West 2....XJ tour

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I don't want to make all of you work-a-holic, not enough vacation, don't have your rig done yet types jealous, but we have one helluva trip coming up. This year's trip is from May 18 to May 25. We're starting Sunday in Grand Junction running 21 Road. Monday and Tuesday we'll be in Montrose running Die Trying and other trails. Wednesday we drive south through Ouray and Silverton to just outside of Durango, where we'll run trails Thursday and Friday at the new Avalanche Ranch OHV park. Saturday we go to Farmington, NM and Chokecherry Canyon. Sunday we're leaving open to run another day at either Avalanche Ranch or Farmington.

We'll do seven hard-core trails in eight days, with one great scenic drive in between. :D :D Should be a good time, and I'm sure we'll have plenty of pics and stories when we're finished.

It's too bad CRASH, SeanP, OneTon, and others can't make it. :bawl: The long arm debates won't be as much fun, and we won't be able to tease Andy and Loren (hey Beez, got that pic?). But, we'll be able to see if the CO boys can keep up with the west coast crowd in their own backyard. They already think they need much bigger tires to keep up. :moon: :D

Two weeks, and a lot of wrenching to go............ :woohoo:

Can't wait for my first trip to Colorado, it's gonna be one lonely drive out there for me though. 968.54 miles to Grand Junction via highways 80, 50, and 70.
My Jeep is almost ready, maybe one more day of wrenchin' and it'll be good to go.
For the record, I have yet to see an XJ on 38s go where an XJ on 35s couldn't. It'll be interesting to see how all the rigs perform or don't perform ;) .

Jes

Have Fun

I feel really bad that I won't be able to be there. I will be thinking about you though when I'm riding across some of those long open areas of the midwest on my way to DC.
I feel like I'm leaving you boys to fend for yourselves. What are you going to do without the Cookie along with the chuckwagon and tools?
Well don't go doing anything stupid and everything should be good. Besides if Normans not going you'll probably be just fine. Oh Yea, Sean P. is still going. What are you going to do with out my welder Sean?
Ha Ha. You guys have a great trip and try and keep them up on all 4's.
GRNT

blah, blah, blah..................... That's about all I'm reading in this post :D

Goat, have fun rollin' on yer dubs ;) Watch Jacobs if he's back in a XJ, there won't be any tail lights left.

Sean

Jacobs has a roll tested cage in his XJ, just needs to fit the AMC V8, 727 and Atlas.

Mine needs the hydro boost on the front axle, a new track bar, spare driveshafts. Should be good to go. Oh and guages in the tow truck, and find a decent two Jeep trailer.

With luck we will see you for 21 Rd, otherwise it will be in Montrose.

Grant

Well- I will try like hell to get mine there, but who knows- I flopped the new cage three times yesterday and broke a taillight :)rolleyes: Sean) before one of the flops turned inverted.
So: two weeks and I have two XJ regears, some stuff on Fred Blum's ride, a bunch of work on a funny-colored XJ that lives nearby, and then my junk. I'll be there either way with or without my ride.

If Mil ain't going, I aint going. I got spoiled last year by the full-on machine shop rolling behind his motorhome. Too much stuff going on for me right now, new house, old house not sold yet, wah, wah, wah.

Y'all have fun.

SeanP

SeanP said:
If Mil ain't going, I aint going. I got spoiled last year by the full-on machine shop rolling behind his motorhome. Too much stuff going on for me right now, new house, old house not sold yet, wah, wah, wah.

Y'all have fun.

SeanP

Well, it looks like Mike Jarvis is going to take Mil's place this year, with his motorhome, MIG, grinders, chop saw, and he even has ab outside shower on the motorhome........now we just need to see if he can cook. :)

I hope some of the CO folks can swing by and say hi, and hang out for a day or so. It would be fun to see some of you and meet more of you if anyone is interested in coming out and enjoying the action. Contact me if you're in the area and would like to find out more about what we're doing.

Back