• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front D-shaft u-joint question??

bshaw

NAXJA Forum User
To make a long story short, I disconnected my front d-shaft the other night at the diff. (trying, trying to install coil spring spacers) After moving it around a little bit the end caps fell off :eek:. So my question(s) is/are, does this mean the u-joint is shot? And if not, can the caps be pressed back on? I did some searching on here but did not find what I was looking for. Just need some advice, thanks in advanced!

Jeremy

If you didn't lose any of the needle bearings then just put it back on and drive away. If you DID lose the needle bearings then replace the u-joint. If there is indication of rust or dry bearings inside, replace it immediately. NAPA 05-153X, Spicer u-joint, it's the same joint as you'll have on the front and rear shafts.

Last edited:
I'll have to look at the ends a little more closer then and see what I got. Still looked to be pretty well greesed up, but I'll take a double look just in case. I want to make sure all the needle bearings are still there also. Thanks for the info and part #, highly appericated!!!

Back