• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bigger tires new setup.... help

wek91xj

NAXJA Forum User
ok i plan on getting 35s soon.... im getting new rims with these..... right now i am running 4.5 inches of lift with 32 inch tires/..... i have 1.5 shackles... and am making spacers now... so soonm i will be at 6 inches.... will my 4.5" shocks work with 6 inches of lift??? i have a tcase drop for now so i will not be gettin a sye anytime soon even with the 6 inches.... i have both stock axles and i guess stock gears... becausei have never changed them.... i know i need new gears with the new tires... what gears do i need and were do i get them??

thanks

wek91xj said:
ok i plan on getting 35s soon. i will not be gettin a sye anytime soon even with the 6 inches....

thanks

Maybe it's me, but I'm pretty sure your going to want the SYE 1st, and then get on with the other stuff 2nd... :read:

ChuckD said:
Why is this in non-tech and try searching on gear ratio. There are many threads about what gears to run with 35's and stock axles.
...as well as a few threads about what gears (3.55...) NOT to run with 35s and stock axles... :spin1:

Yucca-Man said:
...as well as a few threads about what gears (3.55...) NOT to run with 35s and stock axles... :spin1:

It's a good thing all you guys are HERE !! I can't imagine how much $$ would get dumped into replacement parts otherwise...hey wait a minute... I make a living selling one-owner-lightly-used-auto parts... CUT IT OUT! :shhh:

Back