• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brake lines stuck

Sephrion

NAXJA Forum User
ok i was going to replace my old soft brake hoses with some extended steel braided hoses... which is simple i know... but the soft hose is "fused" to the hard line... i've soaked it in penetrating oil every chance i get and still nothing... im at the point that i just want to cut them off and put new hardlines on... but the lines at the mastercylinder are stuck tight as well... any ideas?

As a last resort, before everything gets rounded off and ruined. I use a pair of vice lock pliers, tight, but not so tight that it crushes the nut. I also file the teeth in the jaw, just a little, so they don´t dig in too much. Wiggle the nut, gnetly and with feeling, you want to break the bond, without destroying the nut. When it´s a touch loose, then switch over to your line wrenches. If the nut becomes slightly deformed, you can touch it up a touch with a small file.

Back