• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

t-case drop vs. shims

MMIXJ

NAXJA Forum User
which is the least desirable?

i've got the RE 4.5" kit on my '01 (auto tranny, D44 rear). i'm currently running both a SYE and a t-case drop and never had a vibe problem... until i tried to remove the t-case drop when i had it re-geared last month. it was so bad, the t-case drop had to immediately be reinstalled (no shims).

so i'm under the impression i could remove the t-case drop if i were to shim the axle, but i've heard some people say shims are not good and i've heard others say a t-case drop is no good. i like the idea (in theory) of removing the t-case drop 'cuz i'm about ready to get a skid plate and want it tucked up as high as possible.

so right now it's kinda "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" but i'm also wondering what happens when i wanna go a bit higher next year (my RE springs are already sagging). :(

so i'm just wondering: are there more people running t-case drops or shims out there?

thanks for the replies... i'll take a look at the link on pirate.

red91inWA said:
stick NOW has 1 reputation point...!
Stick only deserves that rep point if he also cut the shock mounts and rotated/raised those as well. :greensmok:

Yucca-Man said:
Stick only deserves that rep point if he also cut the shock mounts and rotated/raised those as well. :greensmok:

Ya know if you gave him some of the points that your whoreding (SP) maybe he'd stop wondering...

( We know you have most of the points...in a bag, in your closet...) :shhh:

Back