• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track bar design

Nik

NAXJA Forum User
I just finished my over the knuckle with DOM tubiung and was wondering why there are so many bends in my RE track bar. I need a new one and would like to build it out of DOM tubing. Are any of you out there running a straight bar trackbar. I have seen them on a lot of lifted trucks like ford F250-350'S and rangers. I never really have seen them on jeeps. I already have a over the axle mount for my current one to help geometry with 11 inches up front. I dont get any shimmy or bump steer either right now. I really just want to know if the straight track bar option will work and if not, why not.

BrettM said:
it's a clearance thing, it's gotta bend around the diff cover. if you can squeeze a straight one in, then great, but check your clearances carefully

What about with mounting the track bar over the axle? I think most of the trackbars done over the axle are straight for the most part. I know with JKS' (formerly ORGS) custom over axle track bar and brackets the track bar is straight but with a slight curve at the axle end on the rod end or whatever you want to call it.

-Mike

If you weld in Hinkley's OAB track bar bracket, you also shorten the track bar significantly.

Ask me how I know......

Well I am building up the over the axle mopunt right now and it will clear all of that. It doesn't even get close to the diff in full compression. Dont run a sway bar. It inside the springs even when they bow and my shocks are clear by a foot. I saw one with a slightbow at the top to accomodate the angle to the mount. Well that was all easy enough to figure out. Time to experiment with lengths.

Cheers

Nik

Back