• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ground junction

BIGWOODY

NAXJA Forum User
anyone know where the ground junction is for the harness? I have the strap from the motor to the battery and the battery to the chassis. Just curious if there is a central location for other grounds?

There should be another coming off the back of the valve cover area and going to the firewall. Should be some of that flat weave stuff. And no, I don't think there is a 'ground harness' per say, just a bunch of individual grounds running everywhere.

BIGWOODY said:
Don't quit your day job....

Funny, my wife tells me the same thing. :bawl:

:music:
"Nobody loves me,
Everybody hates me,
Guess I'll eat some worms."
:music:

woody, what year is your XJ. There are some differences on the pre 91 and the post 91 models. Craig H did a good write up and his home page link has been posted countless times on here, do a search.

He talks to the problems with the ground system and how to improve them. He says all the current goes to the chassis then travels from the firewall to the engine block, then block to Neg of battery. He suggests you add another "bonding" wire from the battery to the chassis. He also talks of cleaning up grounds and applying ox-gard.

I also add that you should attach a bonding wire from the alternator case to the chassis to provide an even better return path when you are working on alternator power. I recommend you try to make this wire a # 4 and less than 24 inches long to get the best benefit.

Back