• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Extended brake lines

If you want something a bit longer than the YJ lines here are some numbers that are around 24" .

BH177418 REPLACES H38183
BH177417 REPLACES H38182

Depending on where you get them you may need one or the other sets of numbers. I got mine at Advance Auto Parts for about $40 for the pair. They are the rubber lines. They have a mounting clip in the middle, but it is pretty simple to move the clip.

Last edited:
THE_NEWF, you link isn't working. I was looking forward to seeing you site. LOL

Yes they are longer. Just installed them on my XJ with 7.5" of lift and have plenty of length. $45 for two fronts and a rear from quadratec. I ordered 95 YJ lines

I have 5.5 inches of lift on my 97 and for the time being I pulled the rear line out of the bracket and straightened the hard line a little for more clearance. Seems to have plenty of slack. I also took the bolts out of the front two lines and straightened them out and remounted them with self tapping bolts. Do you guys think this will be OK as long as I don't do any hardcore flexing until I can replace the lines? Will the Dakota lines bolt right up or will I have to replace the nuts? Thanks in advance.

Back