• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heimed shocks

THE_OWL

NAXJA Forum User
I have a new set of Shocks coming in that have heimed 5/8" type ends.
these are used and probably wont have mounting hardware.
Im putting these on the front of my XJ.
anyone know of a company that make s brackets?
I know u buggy guys do this all the time.
These are King Remote Reservoir 12" shocks
TIA
\\Hoot

You could use the rear swaybar mounting brackets that everyone seems to use for bar-pin eliminators. Or you can check out A&A mfg. They have brackets, tabs, gussets, etc. for just about anything you might want to do.

http://www.aa-mfg.com/

I just made my own - 5/8" bolt and some flat stock...

I welded a fine thread 3/8" bolt to the top of the shock rod about 4 years ago and still going strong...

Matt

exo27s.jpg

welp, I couldnt mount a 31" shock to where u have it matt :)
that aa-mfg is just the ticket I was searching for tho.
THX!
BTW has anyone else put the remotes on their regular framed XJ?
I hope im not the only one because that would mean it doesnt work :(
\\hoot

Owl, you got it all wrong, you can't say cuz nobody has them on that it doesn't work. The real statement is, nobody has made it work yet. Might be time to brush up on some fabrication skills. What kind of crazy front suspension do you have for those long ass shocks anyhow? I keep waiting to see someone throw a set of shocks through the hood, I think it would look :cool:

Sean

I run 10 inch King 3 tube bypass shocks on the front of my jeep. I use the mounts from T&J in So Cal WWW.TandJperformance.com
They are a little expencive like 110.00, but they are great. The only problem you might have is the 12 inch shock might be a little long. I have a 6 inch lift and I anly run 10 inch Kings.

Miss Cleo!
you read my mind.
Actually I was going to try a under hood frame bar across the bay.
If I can find a way to move the Brake setup.
This is my current underhood setup, Including $1000 worth of Orthodontic work on the fron of my Wagoneer.
Im waiting for the Hansen to come in(May 12th?) with a pre runner addon. I need as much cooling as possible so I riced the front grill with Home depot Mesh, added a Perma cool 24" Power steering cooler, Be Cool Radiator, B&M Supercooler(Trans)
flushed a set of PIAA foglights, added some bling bling LED turn signals. I also got more flow by removing the Warn Solenoid pack
and sticking it under the hood, I added the remote plugin to the front.
If I can find a way Ill do the shock mount in there.http://www.commguru.net/~owl/sotd/jeeppics.html

I have the straight 6 so I am not sure about your clearence over your engine, but with the straight 6 and the stock break setup there is like no room for an engine cage. That is why I did not do mine yet. You might want to put the gell cells in the back of your jeep if you have room, that is what I just did and it frees up mad space. And then a round K&N with the xtreme flow top would free up a little more space, I don't know if they have this for that engine, so if they don't forget about the last part.

Im snorkeled.
Ive got plenty of room actually :)
I can add the cross bar if I can move the brake booster a tad.
Im at 9" of lift and my at rest shock measurement is 25"
so I could probably fit the 12" just fine. But Id like to get full travel out of them
\\hoot

Heres a better shot of my underhood.
Thats a airbox from a Aerostar van, a Intake peice from a dodge pickup, and a hose adaptor from my Impala SS.
My cross bar will have to go in back of the throttle piece.

Now I see the whole picture, that is sweet. You might get away with the 12 inch shocks, just take out your coil and cycle the travel. Then weld in a new lower mount. If you don't need to go so beefy with the T&J upper mount, I think RE has a bar pin elininator for the front shocks, but I know the T&J mounts are made for heimed shocks. But I do remember having to made new upper spacers for the shocks because T&J used Bilstiens not Kings for the mounts. I am assuming that you got the spacers with the shocks, or you will have to machine new one anyway.

Back