• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fabbed Sway bar relocation question

I'm sure someone has made some swaybar relocation brackets but I cant find anything in the search. Anyone have any tips/pics?

I looked at a pic from RE's site but the way mine mounts, I havent figured out how thiers would work from the illustration.

:helpme:

I relocated the both of mine to the trash dumpster :laugh: Why are you looking to relocate them? Just currious.

Unless your swaybar is different than the rest of ours, they bolt into the swaybar mounts and drop it down and forward. I haven't measured it, but it looked like a 2x4" square tube.

The RE ones kinda looked like trussed I-beam, is the reason I couldnt see how it would work. I'm sure my mounts are the same as everybody elses.

Mine is a DD and the wife drives it to work sometimes when I need the WJ. So I really need to keep the front SB.

RE9921.jpg

I don't remember seeing the center brace in the pair I looked at, but most of their stress is vertical, and not in shear so you don't really have as much sideloading to be concerned about.

I guess what I was wondering, is why relocators, instead of disco's? :dunno: Just curious, never heard of someone relocating them, I was thinking maybe your steering changed

The brackets are cheaper than discos so thats the way some like to go, like yucca-man said just take some square tubing and drill holes to mount to the frame and then on the bottom for the sway bar.

The swaybar drops don't preclude the need for disconnects, they only make the geometry work correctly without needing a mile-long swaybar endlink.

FELIX said:
I guess what I was wondering, is why relocators, instead of disco's? :dunno: Just curious, never heard of someone relocating them, I was thinking maybe your steering changed

I have discos, but the diameter the spring is slightly bigger and the axle sets forward a little more than it did. The disco pin was hitting the coil.

OK, it looks to me like it is a peice of C-channel that has a truss in it for support. I can see how that would work. I guess I'll make some tomorrow.

Thanks for all the input !!

Back