• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's running 35" M/T claws? What's the actual O.D. ?

goldxj

NAXJA Forum User
I've heard that Mickey Thompsons tires run small(outside diameter), can any of you guy's verify this for me.

Thanx,
goldxj

As a former employee of Mickey Thompson I can tell you that they are a true 35" tire if you have them on the right rim. 35 x 13.50-15LT-6 ply on a 15x10 rim and the 35 x 15.50-15LT-6 ply on a 15x12 rim.

Cool. That's good to hear. I'm picking up a set of 35x12.5x15's Baja claws and had heard that they run small, like 35"s are more like 33.5" or 34". But now that I have the facts, I can flush that tid bit of info, thus clearing room for other info, like my address.

Thanx,
goldxj

Im running 33" radial claws and they are a true size, or at least as big if not bigger than any BFG or GY.

Regards
chewy

Chewy, how do you like them? Do they ride decent on the road? I'm getting them used(hardly) for a pretty good price, so, good or not so good I'll probably end up running them either way. My rig is a daily driver so I'll be putting alot of road miles on, how are yours wearing.

Cheers,
goldxj

Are you getting the radials or the bias? If I were you I would steer clear of the bias for a daily driver. They will wear fast and weird if you don't align the front every other month. Cooper tire recently purchased Mickey Thompson and have been making thier radial truck tires for years. I run the 31" radial claws for offroad and the MTX for the road and have been out of alignment for 6 months now and the radials are wearing great.

P.S. Chewy got a hellova deal on those tires and wheels too, not to mention the service of a free mount and balance and a half arse delivery:D

They're the bias ply's. I planned on going with new rims anyway, so I guess I'll be using the M/T's for wheelin' only. I've got good rubber left on my 33's, so I'll keep those on for daily duty.

Cheers,
goldxj

they work great offroad..... as good as any other tire ive seen on trail.....great out west as they are soft enough to sick to anything.... they didnt spin where i saw MTRs and BFG MTs spin...
Not to mention the sidewall is beefy enough to allow for some pretty good abuse, more than my BFG MTs would ever take.

I like them, good cross between a swamper style ...which is far too heavy and come out of balance for the street, but a lil better than your std GY/BFG .

Mine are radials on a daily driver... they are starting to get a lil harder "which is normal" .....but if you keep them balanced and rotated they are a really quiet tire.....quieter than my old BFG MTs

Chewy

Thanx Chewy, that's good to know. I'll probably not make the time to put them to the test in the west, but they'll get plenty of action regardless. I'd like to think I'll be able to keep them for wheelin' only, but I know once I put them on they'll look to good to take off.

Cheers,
goldxj

Back