• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hand throttle

ryurabbit

NAXJA Member #611
Well I stepped in it today....decided I needed an in between adventure and climb something (wife excluded intentionaly):wierd: forgot to go to 4 low (It didn't look that steep honest) got about half way up and stalled.:doh: I started to back up and fell in the cavern I crossed over ealier in the climb. Took 2 hours of diggin (wore out my e-brake handle) to free myself. Now the question is this.... How do you manipulate 3 pedals at the same time?????:confused1 I dont have 3 feet. Also who has made and how a hand or steady throttle mechanism??? I looked at the T/B and its got a place were I suspect the cruise cable goes but I dont have cruise. Can this be made to work? TIA

ok dude heres the deal. RE sells there hand throttle kit for like 30 some dollars what a FUC&*ng rip off. All it is is old as* mountain bike components. I bought all the same parts from a bike shop for about $5. All you need is an old style friction shifter a full length derailer cable and a piece of cable housing cut to the appropriate length. It is up to you if you want to use pieces of hardware or a cable crimp to loop the cable around the throttle body hookup. The cable hooks onto the throttle body where the cruise control would hook up. Just make sure there is enough slack in the cable housing and cable that it dosen't make your motor rev when you shift through all of your gears. another important thing to remember is to only make gradual bends with the cable housing. You will just have to fiddle with everything until it works correctly. The best part about a hand throttle is that you probobly wont use it much day to day but if you ever get into a situation where you need it it is there. Plus it works great as a "cruise control" on the highway or whenever your foot gets tired.

Back