• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mile Marker E Winches

Bloose

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
In preparation for the CO trip I have been researching buying a winch. With there seemingly impossibly low price I was attracted to the Mile Marker brand E winches. A 12K lb winch for $600 shipped! I did a search here to see if there was some info on them. The first thing I noticed was everyone recommended Warn. There were very few people that had any first hand experience with the MM's. One recommendation was to stay away from the MM because of their 2 year warranty as opposed to the Warn's lifetime.

I e-mail MM and asked them where the E winches are made. It turns out their impossibly low price is directly related to the fact they are made in China. Too many people that may not mean much, but to me it means a lot. First of all though Chinese quality has been steadily increasing there is no doubt that most items coming out of China are of inferior quality.

I thought I would mention the country of origin because the threads I read didn't. I think it is a very important consideration and gives a direct indication of quality and MM's commitment to American Manufacturing.

HTH,
B-loose

i have a 9000 milemarker and it has been great to me, i have winched for 10 solid minutes under extreme load(dragging both axles) and the motor did not even get warm. they pull slow but they pull strong, and for 450 shipped to my door i could not be happier. chicago brands 8000 pound winch is the same as the MM. a guy in my jeep club has one and he has had it submerged and winched for about 20 yards and it pulled strong all the way. i have no experience with the chicago brand but it is suppose to be the same. i would recommend the 9000# to anyone that wants a good winch and is on a budget.

ramsey

I am also running the MM9000. It seems to be a pretty good winch for the $$$. Slow but how often do you need the speed vs. how often you need the cash. :roll:

JUNK don't buy it. I am glad some people have had good experiences with them, But I saw a E10000 get burnt up in one trail ride. Just put a little bit more money aside and get a Warn.

and i have seen a guy burn up a warn, but thats gonna happen to someone somewhere with anything.

I guess I'm not saying that they will not work or hold up well. I just thought I would mention that they are made in China for people who it matters to. This explains the low price and I did not see it mentioned elsewhere.

I know it matters a lot to me. Here in WI we have lost 100,000 manufacturing jobs to low cost countries in the last 3 years alone! I ALWAYS check where things are made before buying. I also always look for alternitives to buying foreign products. I don't always buy domestic but at least I know when I'm not. There are sooooo many people who have no idea and could care less where their stuff is made.

Anyway, like I said, I thought I would mention it.

I am looking into the Magnum line of winches from Warn. One guy on e-bay claims it is made in the US. They only have a 1 year warranty but they are priced very well. With as little use as I will get from this thing, if they are made in the US I may go with one of these.

B-loose

they are very reasonably priced. could you put up a post whenever you find out about that.

I thought the US military used these things? I know I have seen that in an advertisement, but maybe it was just their Hydraulic ones. I am pretty sure there was a write up on them in 4 wheeler in the past year. It will go on my truck at some point

You guys should check out the new T-MAXX Winches from Australia..

They are VERY NICE< I have the TMEW9500, the biggest difference between
the MM and HF< and Ramseys and these, is that those winches have 1.8hp
motors and draw ALOT of current and are slower, the T-max Winch has a
5.5hp Series wound motor and is geared very low, so it draws less current, Comes with remote, Roller Fairlead and is prewired for wireless setup..

Under $500... pretty good deal..

yeah but shipping from austrailia, unless they are sold here.

Warn e-mailed me back and said their Magnum winches ARE made in the good old USA. It gets my vote for the low priced winch already.

B-loose

if these would have been available when i bought my winch i definetly would have gone with warn. still love my winch though. and the thing on the front of my jeep that pulls me out aint bad either

rep85e.jpg

399.00 delivered at www.samsoffroad.com
Made in the USA
lifetime warranty

Has worked quite well for me so far.

GI-John said:
rep85e.jpg

399.00 delivered at www.samsoffroad.com
Made in the USA
lifetime warranty

Has worked quite well for me so far.

Wow they have the M8000 with Hawse for 499 delivered! Thats a great deal. Think I'll be ordering one in the AM. Have you ever delt with these people?

B-loose

Here is the T-Maxx Winch..

$499 delivered with roller fairlead...

standard.jpg

Back