• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hesco 4.7L stroker

Sephrion

NAXJA Forum User
alright newb question time... the hesco kit comes in .030 oversize and .060 oversize, someone explain to me how either will affect torque/hp

and dont laugh too much :eek:

If you use +0.030" pistons in a stroker, the displacement is 4588cc or 4.6L. If you use +0.060" pistons, the displacement becomes 4657cc or 4.7L. The difference in HP/TQ will be miniscule so I'd stick to a 0.030" overbore so that there's enough meat in the block for a second overbore should the need arise.
The Hesco stroker kit, though high quality, is very expensive. Jakes Racing Engines and Accurate Power have stroker kits of comparable quality that cost at least $500 less. For more stroker info., go to http://www.jeep4.0performance.com/stroker.html and read about my stroker build-up.

thanks Dr. Dyno... yeah i've read your buildup a few times and just because im lazy and dont want to go to a junkyard i'm gonna get a kit but it'll at least be a year before i go for it (college bills are killing me right now)... i've also been in the yahoo stroker group in "lurker" mode for a bit... if you have any other tips for me i'd appreciate it... my XJ is a '94, if that helps you with any tips you might have for me

oh and would an avenger supercharger create any problems with a 4.6L stroker? yeah im one of those overkill type of guys.

Last edited:
If you're thinking about supercharging a stroker in the future, I suggest you build the stroker to a lower compression ratio (not higher than 9.0:1) so it'll handle 6psi of boost.
My XJ has more than enough power from just the stroker alone and the chassis simply cannot cope with even more power from a supercharger. You'd also need to beef up the whole drivetrain and that's gonna cost mucho dinero.

Back