• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just Bought a 95 sport

Simple Green

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought a 95 and switching from Park to Drive is a little rough... any explanation why?

Also, what would anyone recommend as far as tranny and transfer case fluids go?

One more thing before I go, I have had it for about 3 months now and just recently an intermittent check engine light comes on. It goes off when I turn the car off and stays off when I restart it, but comes back on after a while. Any suggestions?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks all.

Simple Green said:
I just bought a 95 and switching from Park to Drive is a little rough... any explanation why?

Also, what would anyone recommend as far as tranny and transfer case fluids go?

One more thing before I go, I have had it for about 3 months now and just recently an intermittent check engine light comes on. It goes off when I turn the car off and stays off when I restart it, but comes back on after a while. Any suggestions?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks all.
Check your stored engine codes at http://allpar.com/fix/codes.html - you'll need to warm up the engine for awhile with a good drive, then shut it down. ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON with the ignition switch (on, but not Start) should have a short delay before the "Check Engine" light begins to blink. It's going to blink a series of two-digit numbers with a short pause between characters, and a longer pause between the numbers themselves. The final code '55' means end of codes.

When you say going from 'P' to 'D' is rough, is it hard to get out of 'P' or do you just get a lurch and clunk going into 'D'??

I get a clunk...sometimes...going from P to D. It's almost intermittent as the check engine codes. Thanks for the help.

Back