• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weather Forcast?

Jeep

NAXJA Forum User
I know it's still several days away. But as it gets closer to the big weekend :cool: , would some of you LUCKY Colorado residence fill us in on the weather forcast for the wheelin area (not that it's a big deal)?

Thanks,
Michel

It's Colorado

Bring clothing to cover weather from freezing and snow, to sunny and hot, and that could occur within 15 minutes.

Normal above treeline weather is clear and crisp in the morning, getting warm around noon. In the afternoon, it will cloud up with light sprinkles and lightning.

Sounds fun - I like all kinds of weather. Except *100+ in TX. I guess a little wet weather could make some of the trails more interesting :laugh2:

Thanks

Well we might get temps in the 90's but at least it won't be accompanied with 100% humidity.

The mountains near ouray are a welcome respite from the hot summer weather.

But in CO the weather can change in minutes so come prepared. FF99 was pretty wet at times.

I live at 6000 feet and we got SNOW on Saturday - our first snow in July in 10 years at home. today will be 90 +.

Come prepared.

I remember Aug. of 92. I was up around Mt. Elbert and it snowed like crazy :scared: . We came out of a Hotel in Leadville and a temp sign said it was in the teens :cool: . When we left North TX headed for God's Country it was close to *100. But we still had a blast - I just love Colorado :cheers:

Back