• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ blinkers

forgiven

NAXJA Forum User
I installed TJ flares, I got the front left working right. With the running lights on, the front and fender lights are supposed to alternate, with the running lights off they are supposed to flash together. With running lights off it's fine, with running lights on the front light stays lit and bright, the fender light flashes. Can anyone tell me what to do?

I'd start by checking your bulbs first then make sure nothing is shorting out. I assume you had to splice wires somewhere, so make sure there aren't any bare wires touching the sheet metal. Once that is done look again at the side that is working. When you have the parking lights on, the marker light is grounding through the signal filament. When the signal flashes, the marker light becomes the ground, and the signal filament lights up. I can take a look in the AM at mine, but I would think if everything checks out that you hooked up the wrong wire from the marker light to the signal. Good luck.

Back