• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 Mopar Fog Light Installation Question -- HELP!

joey99jb

NAXJA Forum User
I am having trouble figuring out one part of the installation with the wiring harness to install factory fog lights on my 98 Cherokee Sport. I connected everything else except the 3 wires that "need a home" behind the knee knocker plate just under the steering wheel. These wires are Orange, Red/Grey and Yellow/Black. Now the directions for this installation are clear however, they do not match up with wires that I have to connect them to. For example, the directions state to connect the Yellow/Black wire to the corresponding Yellow/Black wire however, at that location there is a wire of different color. Has anyone come into this problem also? Does anyone have any pics that I can see to connect these wires correctly? Anything will help at this point.

Joey B.

Just did my Mopar fog lamp kit-- took 2 days putting that sucker in! I found the correct wires within the 2 power modules on either side of steering wheel by looking at the wire clusters face on, rather than from behind. Believe me, the wires are there. Soldering wires while hanging out of the door was real fun too.

Mopar's instructions were terrible as usual. But I have my fogs!

I have the kit but haven't spent the time to install it yet. are you guys installing it with the high beam lock out? I was thnking of not doing that., then again I haven;t installed it yet either...

I am thinking about doing the same thing actually, I first want to get everything working....which seems to be my problem. Three wires and somehow I am having trouble with it....I need help

Joey B

Back