• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will 4.5 backspacing work with 235s?

spkshasha

NAXJA Forum User
Right now i am running BFG 235s on stock rims but wheels are in bad shape. As soon as the tires go bald, I am going for a 3" lift with 31s. People have told me to get 15x7s with 4.5 backspacing and they would be good both before and after the lift. Any ideas or advice would be appreciated!

get a 15x8 in case you ever want to go wider than 10.5 i have 31's on 15x8 with 4"bs and with three inches i had to trim. with about 4.5" of bs the wheel would tuck a lot nicer.

IIRC 4.5"bs is what the stock wheels are. I've been very happy with the 4.5"bs wheels I put on my rig after putting on a 3.5" lift. They tuck very nice, only rubbing on the front bumper end caps when turning while flexed. A lot of people like the look of the wheels extending from the flares, you won't get that with 4.5" bs. If you want that look, go with the 3.75"bs.
Here are some not so good pics:
after_front.jpeg

after_corner1.jpeg

footdale said:
IIRC 4.5"bs is what the stock wheels are.

stockers are 5.25

Back