• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 auto trans in 97 HELP!!

hackedxj

NAXJA Member #1090
My brother recently bought a 97 XJ auto 4WD with a blown engine and slipping trans, it has 275,000 miles on it, but still a nice jeep. He bought a low milage 96 engine and trans from a wreck.He's putting both in tonight and just call me and said the wiring on the trans is different. OH no,Is this trans going to work or is he jacked.

I just drove up to my brothers this morning to see want he was crying about, the wiring wasn't the same on the switch that's on the passenger side of the shifter rod that goes through the trans.There was also a connector with three wires come out of the rear drivers side.After looking at it I reallized he can change this stuff out easily from his old trans, I think he just stayed up to late working on it and got aggrivated .He's swapping everything over now and we'll see how it works.Sorry I didn't mention my brother is an idiot.. lol.

Back