• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 Ebrake options

tiblerbrit

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 97+ cherokee and don't really wanna pay $100+ for an ebrake cable solution for my 8.8. What are my options, other than kits that Lokar and MORE sell for my 97+?

when I did it on my 97 I pulled the cables from my 8.25. Then cut off some of the spring on the ends. wrapped it around the lever on the 838 and used a u-bolt to hold it in place. If the cables are to short you can make a bracket to add some length where they adjuster attaches to the ebrake handle. its easy and cheep and will work

Hello
I have been trying to get some pictures for you of how I did it but I work nights and its been raining every chance it gets.

Look Here

Please try the search.....this has been covered at least 2 times in the last week.

Please try reading my original post. Ebrake cable options have indeed been discussed before, but in my case ZJ cables won't work because 97+ cherokees don't have the same ebrake setup as the older cherokees. The looping ends of stock cables might work and i'll give it a try, but Gixer explained me that option well before you told me to search, i also wanted to see someone who had done something on their 97+. The only article about that technique was on a Dana 35 and that doesn't help me. I have read almost all 8.8 threads on this site, and don't appreciate being told to search, especially when the link you give me doesn't contain the answer to my question. Later.

http://jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=426352

this is the link to the thread...

I tried the Lokar "adapters" but they did not work for me either.

As for your problem with being told to search...get over it....I STILL get told to do a search and I've been here a while.

Did you look anywhere else for this info other than NAXJA?

Back