• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ipf replacement lamps

METAL MONKEY

NAXJA Forum User
I currently have an arb bull bar setting in my garage to install, but I'm wanting to replace the stock head lamps with the ipf replacements in the near future. Is it possible to replace the head lamps with the bumper on, or would I have to take it off to do so? I didn't know if the brush guard prevents you from taking off any part of the light assembly or not. This will dictate when I buy the ipf's. Also, are the new 60w/80w light bulbs worth the extra money, and should I run the wiring harness with these lights?

Thanks

You can remove the headlight assembly with the bull bar on. It would be kinda stupid to make the brushguard so tight fitting to the body that you would need to remove the whole bumper assembly to change a headlight.

-Mike

i think i agree with mike. the arb is a high and product, and i dought that they would been stuped enough to design the bull bar's hoop so close that you would have to remove the entire thing to change the head light. with a winch in it that would an afully heavy setup to remove, just to change the light

60/80 should be fine with the factory wiring. I have run 100H/80L before with no signs of meltdown...

Presently running the IPF harness, lenses, and 170/100 IPF bulbs... very nice setup & I won't go back to anything less.

Back