• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

231 T/C Chain ???

FELIX

Who Knows, Ask Who
Getting ready to install a 4:1 & 2 low kit :repair: , & was wondering when I inspect the chain, what should be the deflection, or tolorance of slack in the chain.

Thanks
Rob

The two case havles would need to be assembled in order to measure the slack!After that Id say take it with you to the 4x4 shop and compare it to a new one!

Put the t case together and then place it into four wheel drive so that the front and rear output are engaged. The twist one of the shafts and feel the other. If they both turn without alot of play between the two shafts then its ok. If there is alot of slack between the two( like a 1/4 turn then replace it). Its been my experience that the chains usually strech when you run it out of oil. Also check the inside of the case to see if there are marks where a streched chain my rub. If there was oil in your tcase and not alot of metal when you took it apart, it is probably ok.

Hey thanks guys, just want to make sure that I'm not going to put a marginal chain back in. Yeah, I know now would be the time to replace it, but it's not slipping, & that would be an added expense right now.

Thanks again

Rob

Back