• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

local source for currie TRE

frsno jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
my xj steering set up from currie has managed to mangle the tre at the pass. side and at the pitman arm(drag link).
has anyone had to buy one of these and not went through currie?

I have extras that I bought from Currie when I got the steering setup.
From what I can see, it is a 1 ton TRE, but with a bolt setup for the d30 knuckle.
To use a TRE from NAPA that would fit the tie rod or drag link, you would need to bore out the knuckles for the bolts to fit.
HTH

Take the TRE to a local place. they will use measure the threads and size you need. I did that with my old Rubicon Express one. They didn't sell it anymore and didn't have part numbers so a trip to the local parts store and I was done. Napa can do this as well. just bring in the one that needs to be replaced. Juice

If you find out the part # can you post it here, and whether or not it's identical to the Currie part? Because Currie wants $50 each IIRC. What did you do to wear them out? Just normal use or did they hold up to a beating for a while?

Can you safely bore out the knuckle to the size of a regular 1-ton TRE without worrying about breaking the knuckle arm in the future?

Can you mix and match the Currie drag link with the stock tie rod? I would assume so but want to make sure. The stock TRE on my passenger-side knuckle is toast so I have to replace it or upgrade soon. TIA.

Last edited:
I beleive the Currie parts are proprietary and only available thru them!

xj92 said:
Can you safely bore out the knuckle to the size of a regular 1-ton TRE without worrying about breaking the knuckle arm in the future?

Can you mix and match the Currie drag link with the stock tie rod? I would assume so but want to make sure. The stock TRE on my passenger-side knuckle is toast so I have to replace it or upgrade soon. TIA.

You will need to buy a tapered reamer to bore out your TRE's.

As for running a Currie drag-link with a factory tie-rod....according to Currie, it wont work. I called them a few months ago with the same question.

Back