• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CJ Springs

family XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I tried to do a search on this but no luck. I have a set of 4" lift CJ springs at my disposal. Has anyone ever used a CJ spring pack in their XJ. My thoughts were to use the pack combined with an AAL. The springs have a lot of arch in them, and that combined with the AAL should give a nice lift. Someone I am sure has done this or is using it now. I have no idea what the spring rate is on these as they are not marked in any way. I don't even know if the center pin hole will line up. TIA DuG

Aren't CJ springs narrower than XJ, YJ, MJ springs? If they are the same width, you could splice a mixed pack together, but I don't think the main leaf from the CJ springs will be appropriate to replace that of the XJ pack.

CJ springs should be 2". Doesn't sound like an ideal solution in an XJ.

FYI, rear CJ springs are 2.5" wide. I've heard of people using YJ add a leafs in rear XJ applications, but can't verify that. Give it a shot and let us know how it goes, if it doesn't work it will be documented and a search will let others know right off the bat. Good luck!!

MIke

Late-model CJ springs are 2.5", I think '76 was the breakpoint with 2" wide springs prior to that.

CJ 4" lift Springs

Just thought I would post what I found to NOT work so far. I used XJ top spring and the CJ 4" springs with 2 short AAL's per side. It rides like it has hydraulics so it doesn't work for me so far. I can jump up and down on the hitch and get about 1/2" of movement. I am going to take out 1 AAL and see what happens. I'll keep anyone looking for a cheap lift posted.

DuG

Back