• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

things to do after 100k miles?

AKjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 99' xj that has a little over 100k miles on it, i know i know, that is alot for a 99'. But anywase i was wondering what probably needs to be changed on it, im not to sure about the last owner and i have had it since 95k miles. i was going to just go ahead and replace everything at once ATF, T-case, front and rear diff fluid all at once. would there be any problem with that and what else should i do, im very happy with the way my jeep has ran and i would love to see it roll over to 200k, any suggestions and or info would be appreciated, thanks

Replacing the front/rear diff. fluids, ATF, and TC fluid would be a very good idea. I'd also replace the cap, rotor, plug wires, plugs, engine oil/filter, air filter, fuel filter, PS pump fluid, brake fluid, and the coolant.
Your Jeep will be much happier with all new, clean fluids.

yep- all the above for insurance will instill peace of mind and longivity-
but you can keep the peace of mind-100,000 is just the start of long ride.
Shes just now getting broke in.
Now drive it like ya stole it.

Dr. Dyno said:
Replacing the front/rear diff. fluids, ATF, and TC fluid would be a very good idea. I'd also replace the cap, rotor, plug wires, plugs, engine oil/filter, air filter, fuel filter, PS pump fluid, brake fluid, and the coolant.
Your Jeep will be much happier with all new, clean fluids.

Yup, and for the plugs, wires, cap and rotor I'd use OEM. Might also want to consider flushing the coolant out and replacing it along with a Tstat and pressure cap.

My '92 XJ has about 145k miles on it and I change all of the above somewhere between 20k - 30k miles. The ol Jeep seems to appreciate it :farmer:

Back