• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new valve cover

afjeep2082

NAXJA Forum User
I ordered the wrong valve cover for my jeep :flamemad: by mistake, I was making everything under the hood red and I found a red valve cover I think it was from quadratec..,.and well I didn't pay any attention to the years and ordered it. The valve cover has the three holes spaced farther apart see here ( http://www.hesco.biz/cgi-bin/ez-catalog/cat_display.cgi?9X364946#e ) and my stock one is the other one. My question is, is there anyway I can make the newer style valve cover work?

Thanks
Nick

1993 jeep cherokee 4.0L 4WD automatic

Do you have 2 or more holes on each side that line up? If so, you might be able to use those T style holddowns, that you normally see on street rods. They have a T type handle, & use a clamp instead of using all the hold down bolts. It's probably best to try to exchange it though.

Rob

the thing is all the holes line up fine, I atchually bolted it on, it's the PCV ( or PCC whichever they are) valves and the oil cap holes on the top....I have no idea how to fit mine in there since they have the flairs that lock them into place (you can see the difrence in the holes in the picture I posted).

use the newer style pcc or pcv or whatever hoses that fit the later model.

Back