• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon shocks how much longer?

simonsxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have a set of rubicon susp parts and want to use the arms springs and shocks. I know the arms should be the same length, and I thing the springs will net me 1" since the XJ is a 4cyl. My question is, are the shocks any longer than stock XJ? Thanks for the help.

There's no way to tell with the information provided. RE shocks and all the shocks they supply with their lifts are different lengths, depending on the application. RE makes lifts for the XJ anywhere from the 2" Budget Boost all the way through the 5.5" Extreme Duty (and one of these days, the XJ Long-Arm), but the shocks for the BB won't fit the 5.5"

What is the eye-to-eye size of the control arms? Rubber bushings on both ends, or Super-Flex joint in the lower? Adjustable or fixed? What's the unloaded height of the coil?

SORRY! These are suspension parts off a 2004 Jeep Rubicon (TJ). I want to use the front components and the shocks for my XJ. Just wondering about the shocks. I have to use them they only have about 5 miles on them.

I doubt that the shocks are any longer than stock XJ or TJ shocks. When I did the install on my brothers Rubicon they looked really short once they were off. But I didn't have another set to go by so I couldn't tell you for sure. But with a 2" budget boost lift they're to short. If that helps. Juice

Back