• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Started "THE INSTALL"

braeden

NAXJA Forum User
OK, I firgure if I don't just dive into getting my RE 4.5 lift on, it will never get done. Anyway, I got as far as i could without having a 21 mm wrench. I pulled the left rear shock(no broken bolts yet, fingers crossed), and u-bolts. The new springshould just slide on when I go out and get a 21 tomorrow. Thank god for second cars. Will I have to drill the spring perch to fit my new leafs on? I have heard mixed answers, I have a Corp. 8.25 rear end if it matters. If so, what size bit do I need, and is a cordless drill up to it?

Try an 13/16ths Thats what I used to remove my springs. Actuall I used the Wheel Nut Deep socket to take mine off two weeks ago.

Give it a try, good thing about the wheel nut socket is it is 6 points and not 12.

braeden said:
Will I have to drill the spring perch to fit my new leafs on? I have heard mixed answers
RE uses a 3/8" spring pin so you will have to drill out the perch. The stock one is 5/16" and I don't know if your cordless is up to it - use a sharp bit and oil it.

Sorry had a brain fart last night before going to bed...

The socket was a 13/16th's Spark Plug socket that I used and worked flawlessly..

Kejtar said:
FYI it's 13/16 of any brand other then craftsman. For some reason the Craftsman one dosn't fit :confused:

I have 3 Craftsman 13/16's sockets that fit and I use regularly. I use the spark plug sockets almost exclusively(when you pull the rubber plug out, it lets you tighten the nut side where the bolt protrudes), although I've split two in half torqueing on them :angel:

Safari Ary said:
I have 3 Craftsman 13/16's sockets that fit and I use regularly. I use the spark plug sockets almost exclusively(when you pull the rubber plug out, it lets you tighten the nut side where the bolt protrudes), although I've split two in half torqueing on them :angel:
Hmmm I even had mine swapped out. They were just a hair too small and I took a file to the inside of one to make it fit better and now it's perfect :D

Good luck on the rear leaf springs - that's the only part of the lift (RE 3.5") that gave me trouble :looney:

Back