• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sway Bar Bushing (2 piece???)

Jeff-97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
1997 XJ.

Looking to replace the sway bar bushings where the sway bar meets the body. (Not the disconnect side.)

I alredy Lock-Tite-ed my quick disconnects to the disconnect side and don't want to have to take them off to slide a 1-piece bushing into place.

I would like to find a 2-piece poly bushing to replace the orignal sway bar bushings.

Anyone know where I can find them?

Thanks,
Jeff-97XJ

Pretty sure the energy suspension poly bushings are split so you can fit them over the bar. If not, just cut them with a hack saw. One cut is enough, you don't need two piece bushings.

Fred

The polyurethane ones are pretty hard to split open wide enough to fit around the bar. Unless you're he-man or can come up with a tool to get them to split further apart then I think you're gonna have to take the links off the end.

I already had the bar off, so I greased up the ID of the bushings and split them open (just barely) wide enough to fit over the round part on the end of the bar, and slid them up to where they needed to sit.

Good luck. You'll like the improvement. :)

Fred said:
Pretty sure the energy suspension poly bushings are split so you can fit them over the bar. If not, just cut them with a hack saw. One cut is enough, you don't need two piece bushings.

Fred
Yes, the Energy Suspension bushings are already split...

Back