• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need wheel, suspension, tire help!

tcm glx

NAXJA Member #1033
Ok, so here is the deal, I currently have a Superlift 3.5" lift, gave me about 3 1/4" lift, I am going to add a 3/4" spacer in the front, and leave the factory isolator as well as adding one more inch in the rear with shackles...Ultimately i want to be running 32" tires.....here are the questions, without hacking up my fenders,,,which wheels should I run:
I have a set of 15x7" aftermaket alcoa look alikes with 3.75" bs, I also have the factory Jeep Cherokee sport wheels, also 15x7 with I believe 4.5" BS and I also have a set of 15x8 Jeep TJ Gambler wheels, not sure on the bS. WHich of the three will work best?
Which of the three will work best?

The 15x7 Jeep rims have 5.25" backspacing. Not sure on the Jeep Gamblers, but probably the same. 31x10.50s on stock rims rub the lower control arms at full steering lock. 32x11.50s will extend 1/2" more toward the inside, so they'll rub more.

Of the three choices you gave, I'd vote for the after market rims with 3.75" backspacing, but be aware that they won't allow the tires to stuff inside the fenders and flares, so you're looking at some sawzall work.

has anyone succesfully run 31x10.50 on stock wheels? i know that you could just adjust the steering stops, but i like my tight steering. i guess you just have to go with 4.5 backspacing, which would work probably. what about with 31x12.50s, would we be looking at 3.5" backspacing?

Back