• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are my options?

XJ91

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in the midst of putting the front of my RE6025 (3.5") Lift.

The instructions mention to drill and relocate my track bar.

I looked on RE's website and their HD Track Bar & Bracket are for 4"-6" lifts.

I really don't want to drill a hole cuz with my luck, I'd F**k it up.

Will I be able to drive my Heep if I do not re-locate my Track Bar?

i dont think u would want to drive it because one of the front tires would be so far out from uder the jeep and ailignment would be so far out of wack. not to mention that the sway bar probably wouldnt hook back up.just drill the hole its easy.

You can drive it. But the front axle will be off-center toward the driver's side by about 5/8" to 3/4".

Eagle said:
You can drive it. But the front axle will be off-center toward the driver's side by about 5/8" to 3/4".

Is that why RE's instructions say to drill a hole 3/4" towards the drivers side?

Anyone have a picture of this? I'm noot sure what they mean?

No pic, but ...

Look at the bracket on the right (passenger) side of your axle, where the bushing end of the track bar attaches to the axle. There's a hole for the bolt that goes through the bracket and through the bushing in the track bar.

Looking at the axle and the bracket from in FRONT of the vehicle, just measure straight across the bracket (horizontally) toward the driver's side 3/4 of an inch. Make a mark. That's the center for the new hole.

Be sure to double check before drilling. The hole needs to be the same size as the original -- if the hole is oversized, the track bar will move around and you'll have sloppy steering. A full 3/4" may put the hole uncomfortably close to the edge of the bracket. If so, back off an eighth of an inch and make a mark 5/8" from the center of the original hole.

BTW -- The hole is drilled with the track bar removed from the bracket. Sorry if that's already obvious, but I wanted to avoid any misunderstanding, since a replacement track bar costs $175 at a dealer.

When I went to redrill mine it seemed like there wasn't alot of material between the edge and the hole if I moved horizontally so I measured 3/4" over and went up a little to put it back in the meat of the bracket. It's also a good idea to spot the hole first with a smaller drill or ideally a center drill. It's easier to keep a small drill or center drill on location and you get the bigger drill through with less effort.
Another gem they should put in the instructions is that the hole should be deburred with a file or something especially on the backside of the hole. If there is a burr back there the nut may not seat right and could (will) come loose.

Back