• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where can I get the two small curved brakets that attach the rear U joint to reardiff

lapaul

NAXJA Forum User
When my U joint broke, it tore up the two curved brakets that hold are used to hold it on to the rear differential.

I think the piece the two curved brakets are attached two is called the Yoke.

Anyway I need the brakets and the bolts that are used to hold them (and the U joint) in.

This is for a 90 xj.

Can I get these at standard parts store or do I need to go to Jeep.

Also some metal was torn off the Yoke itself and the corresponding piece on the driveshaft, not enough to make me concerned about it breaking, but will this cause a problem with inbalance, when the driveshaft and these pieces rotate, and if so what do I need to be concerned about,

Yep.

They come blister packed, one strap and two bolts. In the HELP! line of parts, available at Pep Boys, Auto Zone, Advance Auto, and I suppose any other auto parts joint that sells auto parts.

Re: where can I get the two small curved brakets that attach the rear U joint to reardiff

Make sure and measure the bolt to bolt spacing. There are a couple of different sizes. Don't ask me how I know :cry:

Did all you boys and girls know that the FSM says you are not supposed to reuse those straps? Funny thing, the dealer doesn't stock them. :flame:

Back