• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Questions about some Colorado trails

GottaBeJeep

NAXJA Forum User
I will be in Colorado Springs July 22-26. I would like to get together with some of you guys and have a little meet and greet, and maybe hit a trail. I would like to do Red Cone or Spring Creek, but I was looking through a book on Colorado Trails and saw Longwater Gulch and Hackett Gulch closer to Colorado Springs. How do these trails compare in difficulty/carnage to Red Cone and Spring Creek. I have not done any trails in Colorado, but a friend of mine just did Red Cone and Spring Creek in his Libby, and the info and pictures he had sparked my interest. I will be a long way from home, so I prefer not to tear my junk up too bad, so something challenging but not too brutal would be nice. I will either have the wife or the father in law with me, so I don't want to give him a heart attack, and if the wife drive's the trail, which she might do part of the way, I don't want to have a heart attack (she's crazy:D). We'll be in the wife's XJ with 6" lift, 34" Trxus, skids, and recovery points front and rear, so it can handle just about anything, but it doesn't have any lockers.
Help me out here guys, I want to meet some people and see Colorado from something other than the pavement.

Thanks

Back